The One RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knights of Ares AAR

2 posters

Go down

Knights of Ares AAR Empty Knights of Ares AAR

Post by Gerhal Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 am

To: Irregulars@Imaginos.gov
CC: Major Vesper Benjamin, Captain Rikhard Tietavainen, Grand Marshal Eliisse Stingray
Subject: Knights of Ares AAR

After Action Report for Thursday, 13.

Acting on intelligence, the Irregulars performed a stealth raid on a suspected Knights of Ares operation in central Hallas. The base was set inside a walled off construction yard with basic fence sensors, guard posts, and patrols. Fortune was in our favor as we hitched a ride in the back of an empty flatbed truck that was headed for the base. We were waved through without a search, and entered the premises undetected.

We disembarked inside a warehouse full of confiscated weapons, and explosives. Numerous stolen vans were used to ferry crates of material for distribution. We then infiltrated an office where numerous paper records revealed the volume of arms the Knights had stolen, where they were being shipped, how they were shipped, and the locations of their Avatars. We also found a stash of vehicle transponders that were used to help move materials without detection.

While planting explosives, we also discovered Percival's location via eavesdropping, and triangulation. After making the decision to apprehend the target, we called in artificial fog for cover. The team split into two groups. One went by foot to apprehend Percival while the other took up their Avatars to destroy the base and their heavy armor.

Once inside the office building, a firewall was raised and I lost communication with the rest of the group. To the best of my understanding, Jim Foster took control of the operation from that point while I was embroiled in CQC.

Percival was captured alive. Once cornered, Percival made a threat that the Knights would attack civilian targets like community centers, residential complexes, and hospitals if he was not freed. This threat was recorded live by his captor. This is perhaps the single most valuable achievement of this engagement. If we air this threat to the populace, the civilian sympathy for the Knights of Ares will be utterly destroyed. While releasing this media may endanger the prosecution of the suspect by "poisoning the jury pool," we already have enough material evidence to destroy Percival. We should consider using this confession and threat to destroy the Knights of Ares PR support.

I will leave the remainder of the AAR to Foster.

Edward Minerva

Gerhal

Back to top Go down

Knights of Ares AAR Empty Re: Knights of Ares AAR

Post by Magnus Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 pm

I will second the recommendation that we air this information.

As for the remainder of the operation it was a heavy armor engagement. Lt. Fontaine and myself utilized the two available Avatars against approximately 5 immediately present enemy units, and were able to terminate them without loss during this time period.

However we did incur casualties, as our civilian contractor miss date had to deal with several incoming KOA avatars in the docking ring, deployed her ART-1 Personal Trooper, and was able to delay them long enough for them to be defeated, however she was shot down and is presently in a coma. Obviously a medal or promotion in grade is not possible for a civilian contract but considerations should be undertaken for her significant act and sacrifice during the engagement.

We called mr. Sedgewick's bluff on advise from Captain Rikhard Tietavenen, and he was unable to order his own men to engage other Marcien refugees, however he did order another squad of Avatars (4), to attempt an attack on the Sedgewick hotel where the Irregulars headquarters is generally set up. This was held off by Fate Harloawn, later assisted by myself and Lt. Fontaine, who performed admirably. The second squad of Avatars was terminated with no further losses on our end, and only minor damage to Lt. Fontaine's robot.

The Ground-type modifications for the AVATARs proved their worth, with the automatic slug gun allowing us to avoid the overpenetration problems of beam weapons in a closed environment.

Takashi Saotome should also be singled out for praise, has he was able to get the Avatars into intercept position and open up the fire doors throughout imaginos station, allowing us to redeploy to the point of Knights of Ares incursions at will.

There was a follow-up to the engagement which I was also party to, one Agent Anderson of the Peacekeepers was apparently also a KOA sympathizer, positively identified during the initial raid, and through the work of Sgt. sevilias and Countess Eva Navarro we were able to apprehend him, and get the warrants for the arrest of Sgt. Sevilias and his collaborator in the Traffic department rescinded.

I believe at this point the power structure of the Knights of Ares is heavily reduced, what is best now is to attempt to undermine any remaining political support that they have.

James Foster

Magnus

Back to top Go down