The One RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Known facts about dr. Yui Amano

2 posters

Go down

Known facts about dr. Yui Amano Empty Known facts about dr. Yui Amano

Post by Magnus Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:41 pm

After some basic research at the behest of lt. Fontaine, here are the publically available facts about dr. Yui Amano.

1. She is apparently immortal

2. She has been active in this dimension as a scientist for at least 500 years.

3. She has been imprisoned/locked away in a bubble dimension at least once, for the period of an entire human lifetime.

4. She is funded by the ISF as long as nothing terrible happens, but her labs in Ceres Core are actually not part of the overall ISF infrastructure, and soldiers of Imaginos such as ourselves have very limited access.

5. The Ceres Core itself may be as large as Imaginos Station. No one has been there long enough to acquire an accurate survey of size.

6. Her lab was initially a Concern lab.

7. She works alone and has no known lab assistants.

8. Her labs are basically autonomous from the System alliance as a whole. She can pursue whatever research she likes at her leisure for the most part.

9. She was on the warchief II, and is a contemporary of Axel Field.

10. Her lab produced a number of non-military products, but her degree of freedom in research is effectively unlimited, and there is little to no oversight.

Please feel free to add more as you find out, but just be aware, Dr. Amano is our ally, so 1. Don't do anything to be construed as hostile and 2. Don't get caught peeking in on her.

Magnus

Back to top Go down

Known facts about dr. Yui Amano Empty Re: Known facts about dr. Yui Amano

Post by Lucian Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:11 pm

FROM: The Office of the Grand Marshal <grandmarshal@imaginos.gov>
TO: Cdt. James Foster <jim.foster@soc.isf.imaginos.mil>
CC: Irregulars <irregulars@soc.isf.imaginos.mil>
SUBJ: RE: Dr. Yui Amano
CONTENT-RIGHTS: Do-Not-Forward, Do-Not-Copy, Do-Not-Reply-All, Classified

I will address several of your concerns below. Responses inline. Please note that this information is considered classified and may not be discussed outside of active Irregulars personnel without express permission from myself, Major Benjamen, or Captain Tietavainen.

Magnus wrote:After some basic research at the behest of lt. Fontaine, here are the publically available facts about dr. Yui Amano.

1. She is apparently immortal

2. She has been active in this dimension as a scientist for at least 500 years.

Dr. Amano's actual age is estimated to be 1100 years or more. It is not polite to discuss a lady's exact age.

3. She has been imprisoned/locked away in a bubble dimension at least once, for the period of an entire human lifetime.

Both Dr. Axel Field and Dr. Amano Yui were imprisoned for Hephaestium smuggling, which was a crime at the time. It should be noted that the use of Hephaestium was essential in the combat of Godless and the restoration of Earth from its ruined state.

4. She is funded by the ISF as long as nothing terrible happens, but her labs in Ceres Core are actually not part of the overall ISF infrastructure, and soldiers of Imaginos such as ourselves have very limited access.

Dr. Amano's activities are not directly overseen on a day-to-day basis, however, technically, she is a direct subordinate of myself in an advisory capacity.

5. The Ceres Core itself may be as large as Imaginos Station. No one has been there long enough to acquire an accurate survey of size.

6. Her lab was initially a Concern lab.

7. She works alone and has no known lab assistants.

8. Her labs are basically autonomous from the System alliance as a whole. She can pursue whatever research she likes at her leisure for the most part.

This is all accurate. Ceres itself disappeared from our space-time in the year 2570, reappearing an estimated 256 years later, around the same time that the Godless began their attacks on Armstrong City, Luna.

9. She was on the warchief II, and is a contemporary of Axel Field.

She is also a contemporary of myself; I was born in September, 2003, and experienced a temporal displacement which brought me to this time.

10. Her lab produced a number of non-military products, but her degree of freedom in research is effectively unlimited, and there is little to no oversight.

This is mostly accurate; Dr. Amano has a wide degree of freedom to pursue scientific projects as she sees fit.

Please feel free to add more as you find out, but just be aware, Dr. Amano is our ally, so 1. Don't do anything to be construed as hostile and 2. Don't get caught peeking in on her.

I would like to take the time to point out that Dr. Amano--personality eccentricities aside--was directly responsible for our efforts to reclaim Earth as a habitable planet, and directly responsible for Humanity's ability to recover and survive from the catastrophe which ruined our world over 1100 years ago.

While I can't say I defend all of her actions or choices, I encourage you to take this into consideration.

Regards,

Elisse Stingray
Grand Marshal, Imaginos
Lucian
Lucian

Back to top Go down